Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tigre and things are looking up

Ok, sorry for the very upset post last week. I was a bit overwhelmed. But, if you know me at all, that's my usual state! Anyhow, my dog's been declared dead by the family. And although I have mixed emotions, my parents are en route to Atlanta to a Gun Kennel to look at a new litter and see if they find one. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I do like puppies, so I'm sure it will win over my heart! Anyhow, Last weekend I went to Tigre. I still can't put up pictures because my camera has gone crazy, but I can tell about in such detail that maybe there won't be a need for pictures. To start, I had to get up early on a Sunday morning... I decided not to go out the nigth before, obviously. We filled two private buses and headed out of the city. It's abotu a 30 minute ride. It's beautiful outside of the city, because the apartments and skyscrapers begin converting into townhouses and even mansions! We arrived and immiediately boarded a boat to take a ride on the river. The river is disgusting, and actually reminded me of the Chattahoochee, so I felt right at home. Some people have swum, but my house mom told me that if I got in the water I wasn't allowed back in the apartment, so I didn't get any ideas. Anyhow, the boat ride lasted 30 minutes, and then we got back on the buses. We drove to the local fair. We had lunch (steak) and then we wandered around and got some dulce de leche filled churros. YUM! Afterwards, we got back on the bus and headed to a museum. The nuseum is in what was the old tigre country club. It's amazing! Right on the river, and filed with wonderful architecture, and some decent art. We spent the rest of our time wandering the halls, and then we took a guided tour. I practiced my translating skills with Ashley!! We headed back home, and made it back into town before dark!

No comments: