Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mom in Ferrara... continued (4/11)



Mom came to Ferrara on a really good week for my program. On Thursday, CIEE scheduled a cool little "mysteries of Ferrara" tour through the city. I thought it was kinda funny, but Mom enjoyed it because she got to see the major places in Ferrara, like the Duomo and they were explained. Afterwards a lot of the students in the program came to dinner and all got to know "Mamma Waugh." As usual, she was a big hit.
On Friday, I had a field trip with my Renaisance Art class to Bologna and I was allowed to bring Mom to that too! She got to see Bellini and Tintoretto with us. It was a fun trip, because Bologna really isn't that pretty and the only way to really know what's there is if you're with a local (my professor ).
After the field trip, we had to book it to the train station to catch a train to Venice, which is every photographer's dream. Unfortunately, we had some complications and didn't make it to Venice with enough time for Mom to get the shots she wanted, but we did eat really well that night! So I think it evens out.. : )
The pictures are of our tour through Ferrara with Mom.

No comments: