Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter


I was feeling down when I arrived back in BsAs in time for Easter morning at eight thirty on Sunday morning. I was exhausted. I went to unlock the door and my housemom had locked it to where I could not get in from the outside. I rang the doorbell, and it got stuck. She was asleep, so she heard it ringing over and over unceasingly. She came to the door unhappily. I apologized for waking her, and then I went to sleep for awhile. I awoke and came into the living room to say hello. She was not a happy camper. She was mad at me for ringing the doorbell incessantly, although it was not my fault it was old and got stuck. She was also mad because when I had food poisonig, I had cleaned up the mess with towels, and they had stained. This was completely out of my control, not to mention, it was her chicken that made me sick and she is the one that left me at home alone for over a week to go on vacation, which is probably not even under IES rules. AND, atleast I pais for them to be cleaned, and I asked my mom to buy new towels in the US and have them monogrammed and sent here as a gift. What more could I do... in addition, the electric and gas bill went up... which I am obviously paying for, and sice there are two people that live in the apartment instead of 1, of course it would go up. But, that wasn´t enough for one Easter morning. Right before I left I took the old roll of toilet paper out of the bathroom and put a new one on. I meant to use it for the day, because I had a virus and did not have tissues. I left in a rush and forgot to add the old roll back in with the new roll. She was mad because she thought I was stealing toilet paper. I showed her right where I left it! Needless to say, I apologized a million times saying how sory I was and how it was all my fault for everything. But, I was homesick, and the last thing I needed was to have to go to Easter brunch alone, which is what I was headed to do when i recieved a phone call. My friend Blair was also homesick on Easter, and had gone to mass by herself. She proposed that we go to the Four Seasons to have PANCAKES! We arrived, and brunch was being served in the mansion next door. It was like a fairytale. We had no clue what it would cost. We ate fancy cheeses and meats, had champagne for breakfast, a huge assortment of things. And then the dessert... the best crepes I´ve ever put in my mouth, and a million other choices too. No pancakes were ever found, which were definitely advertised on the website, but we thought the crepes were definitely a good substitute. It was fabulous! Until we got the bill!! Our brunches each cost 200 pesos!!! I was not expecting that! But, atleast it cheered me up! I guess in the end it was worth it! My housemom and I are once again on good terms, and I think the rest of the semester will go smoothly without incident!

No comments: