Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Drug Dogs...

Ok, so I am beginning to think that I am slightly stalking Chelsea in her adventures, I promise I am not. First off, my trip to Iguazu was out of this world. We trecked along the many trails, and even went under a waterfall, but Chelsea covered that picture haha! We did however get to experience something out of this world. During the four days of the Full Moon each month, there are moonlight walks throughout Iguazu Park. Normally the park closes at 6pm, but during the full moon they reopen the park at 745pm for dinner, a drink, and a walk. We went to the park about 8pm to catch a train that took us up to the Del Diablo ¨catarata´´, which means waterfall. We got to walk through the jungle only by the light of the moon. It was incredible, and the fact that the jungle animals are mostly nocturnal, we were able to see more animals. I got to see a MONKEY! Yes Chelsea PLEASE BE JELOUS!!!! I also saw a toucan in the wild. Too bad I did not get to see a Jaguar, that would have just made my day. We got to see the lady of the night, which is a flower only open at night, and it gives off a distinct smell. The woods also smelt like maple at night, while the park was so quiet one could hear the waterfalls crashing down from a distance. The experience was absolutely spectacular, and if ever given the chance to do the moonlight tour, do not hesitate!

The ride home on the bus may have been the most interesting of the entire trip. We leave the triple border area only to come across a checkpoint. In this checkpoint, we were required to show ID to a couple police officers who proceeded to bring drug dogs onto the bus and sniff every article we owned. This did not happen just once. Oh no, it happened three more times. I never felt like such a criminal than I felt at that moment. Due to the lack of internet, and the approaching nature of many projects as well as papers, my posting has been far between, and rather shorter than I would like. I will make all attempts to post more within this week, but shorter posts are probably more likely than long picture painting descriptions.

1 comment:

Beth Brown said...

Ashley, it's ok if your blog posts are shorter. Just try to make sure you send us pictures. I'm so glad you're having these once-in-a-lifetime experiences!