Saturday, April 25, 2009

American Mom in Italy (4/8)


Mom arrived on Tuesday, utterly exhausted from traveling for about thirty hours straight. Of course my host dad wanted to pick us up from the airport in Bologna, so she was thrown into the Italian language immediately. Fortunately, Massimo speaks pretty good English so the transition wasn't too bad for Mom. Massimo on the other hand, had to start putting his English into practice to keep up with Mom's very fast English ha ha
We went straight to my house here and Mom got to meet my host mother and my three little sisters here too. We ate dinner together and Mom was able to get to know my Italian family here.
After it looked like Mom's head was about to drop into plate, I suggested we take her home to her hotel and get her settled in.
It's really cool to have someone visit and finally see everything and everyone you've been talking about for three months!

No comments: