Saturday, April 9, 2011

Last of Ireland

While we were in Ireland, it was Mother's Day..They celebrated it Sunday April 3rd. It was perfect because I won't be spending the American one with my mom, so we had an early one together in Ireland. Since it was Mother's Day, I wanted to try and do whatever my mom wanted, and that was historical castley things. My mom was a history major and loves history, so I knew something along those lines were coming. We took the train out of Dublin again, but this time went farther. To Dalkey. In Dlakey we went to the castle there and had a rather long historical tour...the guide was dressed in period clothing, and remained in character the entire time. My parents kindly volunteered me to demonstrate how people were punished during the time when the castle was still in use, and I obliged (it was Mothers day after all)....




After we finished our castle tour, we went up a little farther and spent the rest of our mother's day at the beach. We were in a place called Killiney, and it was beautiful. The weather was wonderful, and we had a great time skipping rocks into the ocean.


It was such a wonderful weekend, and I think we all had a quie a nice time together! I had to wake up early Monday morning to catch my 6am flight, and I left Ireland so happy I got to spend the weekend with my parents!


No comments: