Friday, April 29, 2011

Glyptotek and Tivoli




Hej,

A few days ago, I visited one of the Copenhagen’s best museums. The museum is called Glyptotek, and it is located right next to the city hall, the museum building itself is remarkable. Last Sunday, it had a special exhibition of Claude Monet (one of my favorite ones). My friend and I made sure that we got to the museum early enough to get our free admission tickets, we were given a guided tour of the exhibition. I loved it very much; I also saw some other paintings by Picasso and Edgar Degas. I remember studying the famous Ballet Dancer’s paintings by Degas in my art class. It was a splendid experience to be able to see those extraordinary pieces of art myself. If any of you come to Copenhagen, I recommend going to this museum (it is free admission on Sundays) and they have some interesting French and Egyptian art.

Later that evening, I went to Tivoli, which is one of the top tourists attraction of Denmark. Tivoli is an amusement park and has a lot to offer to tourists, even if you are not the biggest fan of rides, I still recommend that you go there. They have the best restaurants and cafes in the park. There is also a lake and a beautiful garden. We went early in the evening and stayed there late at night. The garden and the lake were more beautiful at night. There was a huge pirate ship in the lake where people were dining at, there was also a live show going on in the open area. I had a fun time and plan on going back again.

As of today, I watched live broadcast of Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Unfortunately, fun time is gone for me, I have to get back to studying for my finals. This coming week is going to be the crazy ones since I have everything due in that week. The good news is that I am almost done after that week so I would have more time to relax and walk around the city without having to worry about my classes.

I would post more picture of my trips in a few days.

No comments: