Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Frohe Ostern!

My Easter Break is over, and today was the first day of classes after my trip to Croatia. Croatia was amazing. My roommate and I went to Hvar Island, and spent the entire week there. We stayed in a lovely hotel right on the water, and spent our days tanning and swimming. The actual ocean water was freezing (we jumped in to be sure--the tempature was about 15 degrees celsius) but our hotel luckily had a rooftop pool that was heated and filled with sea water, so it was close enough to the real thing. The weather was much warmer than the sea water. It was sunny and warm the entire time we were there.







(The view from out hotel window during the day and night)
The town of Hvar is very nice, it's small, and the people there were great. In the middle of our trip we spent on day sailing. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. We sailed around the Pakleni Archipelago, and even stopped on one of the islands for a drink. It was such a realxing day, and a beautiful way to see the Adriatic Sea, and some of the Dalmatian Islands.








I am glad to be back in Vienna though. The weather has been sehr schön! I made it back to Vienna in time for Easter Sunday, and to see the Easter Markets. Easter is a big deal here, and the Easter Markets last a couple weeks. They sell different things at the markets, but one common thing are ornaments and decorated egg ornaments for easter trees. I also got to see 2 friends from Wofford! So it was a nice end to spring break.



No comments: