Thursday, May 14, 2009

Doctor

So, i'm sick, but really, this is nothing abnormal. However, when one gets sick here in Argentina, it's a whole different world. It's better. No offense to everyone's parents who are doctors or to those who want to be doctors, but medicine here is better in many respects than that in the Unites States. To start, with my insurance, I can call a number, and a doctor arrives at my door in under 3 hours. They come to visit you and see how you are. Without all the expensive tests, they have been trained to look at you and figure out what's wrong. They are like the old school doctors in teh US that worked before all the lawsuits that made them the way they are now. So, a doctor came to visit, and she looked down my throat, I explained my symptoms, my preocupations, and how long everything's been going on, and after deciding which medicines I'm allergic to and which I can still take, she decided on the perfect medicine, and she put a back up down in case the first didn't work. It was as simple as that. Then, I walked tot he closest phanmacy, and within seconds, they handed over the medicine, and it only cost about $8USD. Basically, I've always hated the way our medical system works, and I think it's important for us to see how it works in other countries. It's important for us to learn that there are alternatives to our expensive money making industry. Watch and number of medical documentaries, and you will see how bad off we are in th US, yet we think we know everything. I'm thankful to get this outside view. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. I hope everyone has a good day! Good luck with exams!

No comments: