Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bariloche Part 1


So, I left last Wednesday ngith after my last class on a late bus by myself headed to Bariloche. I enjoyed the peace an quiet, and I got a pretty good nights rest. I read Kite Runner, looked at the scenery, and listened to my ipod for 22 hours. When I finally arrived, it was very cold, and raining. I jumped in a taxi and arrived at my hostel on a hill in the cold rain. I showered and then headed to my free dinner provided by my hostel every night. I met a couple from DC that were moving to Berkeley in the fall to start law school. I wanted to plan a trip or excursion of some type for the next day, Thursday, but everything was closed. And I didn't understand why until later. I awoke, and while I was having breakfast with a nice guy from University of Oregon, Ashley showed up. We collectively agreed that after looking outside, the weather was indeed to bad to head out all day. Instead, we went to a mexican restaurant!! Afterwards, we went shopping in the rain, ALL DAY! I bought this fabulous mother of pearl ring, along with some cool gifts, and a box of chocolates. We headed back to the hostel for dinner, and drinks at the bar. Ashley, I thought, headed to bed, and so after some coercing, a grad student who was working on his masters at Columbia, convinced me to go out with him for the night. I am happy that he was rich, which made for an inexpensive night for me, and I am also happy that living in Buenos Aires has taught me how to deal with men... that said. It was a fun night, and he actually went home pouting... it was sort of pathetic. Anyhow, I went to bed and slept for a couple of hours before waking up to catch lunch with Ashley. I'll continue in my next post. Btw, I tried to add a video, but this thing has taken hours, I accept defeat!

No comments: