Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You've got mail!


Oh! What a wonderful finish to a pretty good day! Despite it being overcast and rainy in addition to being slightly sleep deprived and leaving my key card in my room, I just got something that brightened up my whole day.

I received my first letter from home.

Let me tell you that no matter how comfortable you are in a new environment or how things seem to be going well, a letter from home means a lot. It shows that you are being missed and that the person who sent it cared enough to go out of their way to actually write and mail it.* So, Kaitlin, thank you so much for thinking and caring about me. And yes, if ever we have access to a surf board and the ocean, I will gladly teach you how to surf.

Now, I would gladly welcome more mail filled with information about your life, funny stories, or encouragements. However, do not feel obligated to mail me (I know how hard it is to be motivated to send off mail, especially overseas). Here is my address:**

Allison Tolbert

5-17 Flemington Road

North Melbourne, VIC 3051

Australia

*I would like to apologize to Megan: Megan, I am so sorry that I failed to get a letter to you while you were in Bolivia. I let myself get sidetracked and distracted. Since being abroad I know what it means to get news from family and friends. I am so glad you are my friend and if you go abroad again, I will not neglect you. Love you! AKT

**Before anyone official starts freaking out that I gave my mailing address online, do not worry. People already know that I live at RMIT Village in Melbourne, it would not be hard to do some research and figure out where it is. Also, no one knows my room number AND it is now a gated community. So, everything is fine!


Here is my beautiful letter! It definitely lightens up the room!

Here it is with my photos of family and friends!

No comments: