Saturday, March 12, 2011

Moomba!!





This is Labor Day weekend for Melbourne. Most places have Monday (Labor Day) off. Unfortunately, Melbourne Uni still has lectures and tutes scheduled for that day… Why do I continue to go to schools that have class on Labor Day!!! (Just kidding, but I did think it was rather ironic) Anyway, to celebrate Labor Day and all that jazz, the City of Melbourne holds a 4 day festival. It is called the Moomba Festival. My friend and I decided to check it out last night. Oh! What a Festival! It was the closest thing I have ever come to a carnival. There were rides, games, tons of food, and I even saw a Silent Disco (very amusing to watch). We even got to see the firework show, which was really impressive. Above are some blurry pictures of the festival. I finally figured out how to upload pictures, but I now have to figure out how to put them in the right order. Oh well.

Cheers! Allison




No comments: