Friday, March 25, 2011

Cherry Blossoms Coming!!!

My Lovely Roommates

This week has been a slow week in the office thank goodness! With March being budget month, we have been slammed with phone calls and meetings from individuals requesting no cuts in funding, very understandably. Even though these past few weeks have been insanely busy, I am very fortunate and thankful to be able to learn about many programs within our state and their benefits. We are back in session next week and the Long Term CR is still in the works so I am very anxious to see what happens!

On a personal note, my parents visited 2 weekends ago and John visited last weekend. Both visits were absolutely amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed being a tourist both times. We visited the White House, Capitol, Smithsonians, and some of the very best restaurants in D.C. Sad to say but Ben's Chili Bowl did not live up to the national standard and acclaim. My parents and I even met famous people! It was pretty cool, I won't deny. This weekend I don't have too much planned other than taking it easy. Need to recover a little from the extreme activity lately and trekking across the entire city (TWICE). I would like to go to the American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery. They have a great exhibit on right now. Also, the Cherry Blossoms are starting to bloom and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for the festivals and events next week! Pictures to come...



Our Class at a Stage Fighting/Theater Class


On another note, I have somehow managed to strain my Achilles Tendon which is sooo annoying because I walk everywhere here and the doctor told me to completely immobilize it. So for a compromise, I have decided to adopt a pretty snazzy walk/limp. I am going home next weekend for Carolina Cup (so excited!) so hope to be completely better by then!


Until next time!! Hope all is well in South Carolina!!

No comments: