Monday, March 14, 2011

School, School

I just got back from my 2nd school. Every Monday, from 9 to 1pm, I have a teaching internship. I go to an Austrian Elementary School, Bischop-Faber-Platz 1, and meet with 4 different classes to teach the students English. My students range from ages 6 to 10. 2 of my 4 classes are integration classes, meaning they are a mix of Special Needs student and on level ones.

I only have one class with older children, who are 9 and 10. One class is 7 and 8 year olds, and the other 2 are 5 and 6 year olds. The little ones are my integration classes. I absolutely love all of them. The children are adorable and so much fun, but teaching people a new language when you barely know theirs is quite a challenge.

Í think ESOL at Wofford has ended up being the perfect preparation for what I am doing now. I have to come up with lessons plans, and since all the students are a different levels it is a bit stressful making 4 lessons plans when, until a couple weeks ago, I had never even made one. I am really enjoying this experience though and it is a wonderful way to really get to see Austria and meet all kinds of people.

1 comment:

Laura-n-Rick said...

Enjoy your posts and pics. What a wonderful learning experience you are having!! Mrs V