Friday, March 18, 2011

Budapest

This last weekend, I went with a group of friends to Budapest and had an amazing time!
The city itself was a bit dirty feeling, but the buildings and architecture were beautiful and I had amazing food... goulash!
One the first day there we accidentally walked all around the city after we miss read our map, but we were still excited to see so much. We went with 6 people. 3 of us were hungry so we broke off from the group for dinner. We went to this little resuarant we stumbled upan and had the best dinner. It was the best meal I have had since I have been in Europe, and worth every penny. We all kept laughing at the Hungarian money... 250 Forints equals 2 Euros, so we all had 1,000 and 10,000 dollars bills and thought the price of our meal was hiliarious because it seemed like so much.
The next day our group split in half again, and 3 of us did a bus tour of the city and we had a pass for 48 hours so we could hop on and off at different sites for the entire weekend.
We saw everything, and spent a large portion of the afternoon at the Budapest Zoo. I love zoos, and my friends and I had so much fun at this one. They weren't reallyworried about people getting too close to the animals, etc and many people would feed the more docile animals like the camels. I touched a camel, a zebra AND A GIRAFEE.I was so excited.
It was a busy weekend and so much fun. There is so much to see and do in Budapest though, we didn't get to do everything. We are planning on making a day trip back up there to go to the Turkish Baths!

*Cotton Candy Ice-N-Gos

*My new friend.
*Touching the girafee's face!!!

* As you can see from my expression: I had a wonderful time

No comments: