Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane... and arriving!


Ok, so the second floor with all the plants. That is my apartment. And I am across the road from La Recoleta, which is where all the famous people, including Eva Peron are buried. Thats right,I am across the road from Evita baby!!!! Look me and my roommate! (Ashley and Jordyn)




Guess what, the Wofford bubble is not as small as I once thought. I arrive at the Charlotte Airport and I meet a girl who is in the same IES program as I was. We started talking, and we found out we were both Juniors and we both attended Wofford. WEIRD! I may need to interject that I am updating this post as I stop in various places in the airport travel! Trust me, doing a minute to minute on this trip would consist of the world’s most boring “priceless” commercial. You know something like: Boarding an earlier flight- $50, buying a new t-shirt because you forgot one in your carry-on $12.99, waiting seven hours for a trip to Buenos Aires- Priceless. Yes, I know my humor is quite dry at times, but it is the honesty of those statements that makes this “priceless” moment so sad for me!

So waiting in an airport is definitely not something I would wish upon anyone. Haha! The weather was really bad in Charlotte, in which I was flying out of, so my family convinced me to change my plane ticket to an earlier flight from Charlotte to Atlanta. This resulted in me getting to sit in Atlanta airport for about seven hours. Yeah, this is a century if you do not have the money to shop at the overly priced shopping areas, and one can only eat so much fast food. It was nice to have a good meal before boarding the plane.

No comments: