Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Have you seen this animal?











Well, I hadn´t seen these animals before either. I didn´t even know they exist. In fact, I still can´t tell you that I´ve seen them in the wild, or where they live. I´m afraid to run across them out of their cages. This is a strange place. The pictures of these animals that I have included were taken at an estancia on our day trip to the country. I was looking for the horses, and I wandered into a barn, and instead, this is what I found. There were also a large variety of birds, which were in open cages... and I have a fear of birds, llamas, and pigs, so for me, this was a frightening experience when the rooster started getting cocky and decided to charge. But, I´m alive and well. It was a strange petting zoo experience though. I can´t really believe that you can see these strange things, just like we pet goats...... what a weird world to grow up in, or just DIFFERENT. I´m definitely planning a trip to the Palermo Zoo soon. It´s in the MIDDLE of the city!! Funny story, a friend was walking back alone in the middle of the night (when I say middle of the night I mean 6am......) when out of nowhere after a long night of fiesta, a giraffe head popped up next to her. At 6am, what would you be thinking in this situation? She thought she was hallucinating until someone told her that there was a zoo right by her house, and the giraffe was just curiously poking its head over the top of the wall. I´m pretty sure I would have died right on the spot it that had happened to me. Anyhow, on a different note, I went to ride bikes. Also, never a good idea (I broke my tailbone twice as a child). And not only was this a painful experience, but the first bike´s chain broke off in the middle of my leisure riding experience, and then I had to ride a pink kids bike, because I´m too short to ride anything else. My life is so humiliating. But, it´s a whole lot of fun! That´s all for now. Hope you could follow my flow of thought in this random post!

No comments: