Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gelato



Last Monday I got the opportunity to learn how gelato is made. I now know that I have found my life's passion and I will be living in a small city in Italy making gelato and getting tremendously large for the rest of my life. The gelatiai taught our group that gelato is basically a full meal with all the vitamins and nutrients you need...leave it to the Italians. This philiosophy is perfectly in sync with my dietary views on any kind of ice cream, so we got along really well. I asked the gelataio if I could have a job there and I think he thought I was kidding, until I hopped behind the counter with him and started scooping gelato for everyone.
I now have a plan where I'm going to visit Gelato Buduardo everyday until they really let me work there..then eventually they will pass down the business to me and I will live happily ever after, scooping gelato. I'm pretty sure my parents would KILL me if informed them of my deviation from the path that leads to law school...haha

The pictures are of the gelato in fruit with its flavor and me behind the counter.

1 comment:

Kelsey Leahy said...

Please don't tell me you're staying another semester just so you can make gelato...

I am glad you're having fun. Bring me back a castle!!!