Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beginning of Week 4!

Monday 01/03/10... Today is the first day of classes and the campus has suddenly come alive! There are people everywhere and lots of hustle and bustle is in the air. I don't have class today because I only have class on Tuesday and Wednesday. YES only two days a week!! Classes and credit hours are very different here. I have three classes and can't take another one because I already have the maximum number of hours. This doesn't seem like a lot compared to American classes but it appears that the classes are more labor intensive and in depth. My class schedule is...

Tuesday- 9 AM-10 AM Law and Society

Wednesday- 10 AM-11 AM Re-Reading Jane Austen (SUPER EXCITED ABOUT!)
11 AM-1 PM Re-Situating Modernism Decolonising
2 PM- Law and Society

So it looks as if my school schedule will not be that hard but don't let this deceive you.. We also have tutorials. Each of my classes also require at least 1 tutorial a week so I will have 3 more class meetings in addition to what is above and also a reading group for my Jane Austen class. The tutorials only contain 15-20 people whereas my lectures could have upwards of 2-300 students. I am very excited about experiencing class in this type of environment and with this type of schedule. I will have to let you know later this week how things go!

So now to update you on the past few days. Friday at the beach was fun and we all got some great sun! We explored a different type of the beach and the water was so clear and beautiful! We took some pretty great jumping pictures and made lots of new friends. We also ran into the people from our IES group that are studying at the Uni of Melbourne and met up with them on the beach for a while. It was great seeing them! After the beach, we went shopping in the city and I bought nothing. Hear that Mom and Dad? NOTHING. haha After shopping, we headed back to LaTrobe and stayed in for the night.

Saturday was fun. I got invited to a housewarming party that started at 630 and prior to this party, I went to the mall and bought a new camera! It is great and I am really excited now to be able to take pictures. The housewarming was fun and I met lots of new people!

Sunday... Don't think I could have been more of a waste of space. Watched ABC shows all day and Gone with the Wind. Had ice cream before bed. That is honestly about it. Sure you are yawning by now.

And that brings me to today! No major plans today. Going to catch up on some school stuff and start practicing for the dreaded LSAT. Pray for me.

Bye Mates!

1 comment:

Law School Podcaster said...

re. your LSAT prep. you might find our free podcast helpful.

www.lawschoolpodcaster.com