Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paris is not a cliche

Bonjour,
A few days ago, I felt as if I needed a break from intense studying so I went to Paris. I went there by myself and walked around the city center for hours. I must say, Paris is lot more beautiful than I expected. A long time ago, when I took a Facebook quiz, it said that the perfect place for me to live in the world, is Paris. I think I completely agree.
The city has a lot to offer for everybody, it does not matter what kind of person one is, one would always find something enjoyable. For me, it was the diversity of the city, calm and stylish lifestyle, cozy cafes, stunning shopping malls, beautiful scenery, and historical buildings that caught my attention. I stayed there for five days and had a blast. I avoided taking Metro once I was in the city and preferred walking which helped me explore the French streets and to see French people in action (otherwise, city is mainly full of tourists). I almost felt like one of them, taking a big loaf of bread in my hand everyday I would walk on the streets like a native (or so I thought). Here is the list of places that I went to:
1. Of course, the number one site was Eiffle tower for me. As soon as, I arrived in Paris and unloaded my stuff, I went straight to Eiffle tower. It was late at night and the tower was illuminated which made it look gorgeous. I recommend going at night and looking at the tower from a distance, its absolutely beautiful.
I was living a few blocks away from Sacre Coeur which is the highest point of Paris. I went there on my second last day and sat at the top for hours looking all over Paris and listening to the Spanish singers.
If you are in Paris, you can't really miss River Seine. Sitting on the river bank, people watching and snacking was one of my favorite things to do. I looked at the boats full of tourists, and I would observe the French teenagers partying near the river.
It would not make sense if I go to paris and not look at Mona Lisa, one of the most admired painting in the world. My second day in Paris, I woke early in the morning and headed straight to the Louvre museum which is the biggest museum I have been to. The museum holds different kinds of Arts and attracts million of tourists every year, it is one of the top attractions of Paris.
I also went to Disneyland, Lafayette Galleries (departmental store) and Arc de Triomphe. Obviously I stopped on every other clothing store and spend a lot of money on beautiful dresses and shoes. I also did some shopping in the touristy stores and bought things for my friends and family, almost everything I bought had Eiffle tower on it.

A trip to Disneyland was a MUST for me, I ended up meeting two girls who were interested in going there to so we took an early train to Disneyland, it is not in the city, I think the train ride was almost 30-45 minutes.
Disneyland's gardens were very pretty.
I know it is not the best picture but it caught my attention. The painting is in Museum Louvre.
It is one of the little parks that I discovered on my hunt of the city. The park had more native French people than tourists which was exciting, I chatted with a girl there who spoke English well enough.
I was so excited to finally see Mona Lisa.
Entrance to museum Louvre, I went there very early in the morning so it was not very crowded.
River Siene

The car was outside of Disneyland, I don't know what was it doing there but I thought I could pretend its mine for a minute.

No comments: